Thursday, June 12, 2014

morning in the garden

 
 
Cora picks only the green ones and feeds them to Gunther, of course. 

I was disheartened to learn that mature sunflowers do not follow the sun. Their beautiful manes remained fixed to the east.  If they did trace the glorious star across the sky, their faces would burn.


Shortly after we took this photo, the snail shell slipped from clumsy fingers and shattered into unrepairable pieces.  Ender melted into an oblivion of tears.  This is one of the many reasons I haven't gotten the courage to go introduce ourselves to the new neighbors.   We air our dirty laundry. Lots of crying, yelling, scolding of both the kids and zander, barking back at Gunther, offensive jokes from Zander (I'm sure) and so on and so on.  I've tried to keep it cool, but at the end of the day in June in Phoenix.... I'm a hot mess.

No comments: