Wednesday, October 03, 2012

 i really need to do mr. potato head a favor and purchase some glasses for ender....

he is stark naked because we are in the casual beginnings of potty training.  it is more like bringing a puppy home. or a terrorist who specializes in IEDs.  our house is a playground for his landmines. 

Successes:  While sitting on his potty, I weaved this pretty amazing story about a bear and the mysterious disappearance of daddy and his even more peculiar return.....

I told zander my tale and he liked it, to which I beamed with pride.  Zander wants to start a story telling "club".  I'm not sure who would join....  Turns out, he is really into hearing stories rather than reading.  he listens to books on tape incessantly.  For a long time I felt cast aside because it was me who read to him at night while he cleaned his guns. I've been replaced. But I accept it now.  I find it beneficial for him to listen to his book and for me to read.  He is my pronunciation coach.  I might know a word's meaning, but i butcher the sound of it.  Its important to me to speak correctly the words I know.  Besides, I have a new audience coming up who will love (or be forced) to listen to me read!

No comments: