Friday, November 30, 2012

Smitten Kitchen

I made chocolate chip cookies from the ever popular cooking blog Smitten Kitchen. Half the batch I added roasted pecans and half were without. People who hate nuts are not kidding. They can take it to a new level.  Sheesh.  Zander turned up his hoity toity nose at my golden pecans. Nuts are so earthy, how can anyone resist! 

This is my new oven, well, the oven that came with my new house.  It bakes differently.  Many dinners & desserts have been felled in the fiery belly of this beast.  Lots of trash can funerals.  Some of them were very dear to me, like my blessed banana bread.  However, I think I am beginning to tame the oven and soon will have mastery over my dishes once again.

*Note:
Make smaller dollops
Don't buy organic chocolate chips even when they are on the "almost expired" shelf for dirt cheap.
Trust the recipe when it says, "Bake for 18 minutes, or until pale golden brown."

No comments: