Wednesday, March 28, 2012

donde esta la luna

i saw a rusted penny roll out from under a velvet blanket of stars. And as it rolled, it rose, and became the moon
driving with my family on a country road in oklahoma, the celestial rock was different. i asked them all the description that came to mind. i wanted to remember them in that way. i wrote down their responses somewhere in my stacks of journals. I'll have to dig them out. I will especially treasure my bobbye jean's response. when i find it :) !
in germany i sat in the library and poured over quotes and poems about the moon...
"that orbed maiden with white fire laden, whom mortals call the moon." - Shelley
in sixth grade for our mythology report i made a mask of the moon goddess, a hideous plaster of paris of Artemis, hideous!
if i ever got a tattoo, oh yeah, the moon, but i will never get a tattoo
one of ender's first words-'moon'.
what is it that you think of when you see your moon?

No comments: