Friday, May 31, 2013

Whatever things are lovely

Mornings are the hardest time of day for me.  It seems they have always been.  Today, with kiddos at home, it often is harder.  I don't always have a chance to be around other people to distract me from the unexplainable gloom.  Or I can't get lost in a book or get in the car and just drive. 
Whenever I am feeling sad, angry, frustrated, confused or some other emotion that can warp reality, Zander does a real good job of speaking truth into my life.

"....whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."

Thinking is a good exercise, and when the world is shouting at you, sometimes you have to shout back. For me this is turning on the music right when I wake up that sings of whatever things are true.

"Its hard to dance with the devil on you back, so shake him off"  I can't sing this line without crying.  Its so powerful.  
There is power in our words. God spoke and behold  bio synthesis, electricity, deoxyribonucleic acid.  Not to mention this guy!  I believe God empowers us to speak and so shape our world.  It can go either way.

When Cora was a newborn, she was just a spud.  Not much to the gal except some bad gas from 8-11pm every night and I was working though some post par tum blues.  I mean like the navy blues, not a sweet cerulean blue.  Anyhow. Arica walked in on a local band cranking out this tune: 

Cora Belle  <-- and="" click="" listen="" nbsp="" p="">
Let it ring across the dell
I’m in love with Cora Belle
Kissed her once then I kissed her twice
My heart rang like a bell does chime

Hair like autumn cheeks a bloom
Voice sweet as a springtime tune
Come to me my Cora Belle
In this heart forever dwell

You’ve a kindness in your eye
Like the early morning sky
And a smile like the spring
Love it brightens everything

Cora Belle now listen here
This old heart is yours my dear
Rain or shine come sickness health
Still I love my Cora Belle

Sir dear sir hear what I say
She’s to me as light to day
Til the sun falls from the sky
Til my soul to him does fly

You’ve a kindness in your eye
Like the early morning sky
And a smile like the spring
Love it brightens everything

Follow me through valleys deep
Rivers wide and mountains steep
For you know I’d follow you
To the ends of the earth my love be true

Hair like autumn cheeks of bloom
voice sweet as a springtime tune
come to me my cora belle
in this heart forever dwell

You’ve a kindness in your eye
Like the early morning sky
And a smile like the spring
Love it brightens everything

I sang this song over and over again to her.  And wouldn't you know, on March 11th, just 6 weeks old, she sang it back to me.  From that day forward the girl has not stopped smiling.   
potato? peach? its a toss up!

1 comment:

from mel said...

oh, wow. so good, this post. and cora!!!!!!! her sweet smile melts my heart.

i